About our P&C
A Parents and Citizens’ Association (P&C Association) is a school-based organisation consisting of parents, teachers and interested citizens.The Parents and Citizens Association (P&C) of Darcy Road Public School (DRPS) brings parents, staff and other members of the community together, to advance the best interests of the students and school.
The P&C plays a pivotal role in supporting the school in following areas:
- promote the interests of the school by bringing parents, citizens, pupils and teaching staff into close co-operation;
- organise fundraising and funds ultimately goes to support school and organising various community events;
- assist in providing various equipments(sports/IT/medical etc.) required by the school;
- electing Parent Member for Teacher Merit Selection Panel;
- organise various parents and community events celebrated at school;
- encouraging parent’s participation in curriculum and other education issues;
- sharing information to benefit the school community;
- report to the Minister about the material requirements of the school;
Become a Member
Getting involved in your child’s school can be a rewarding experience.
Membership of the Darcy Road Public School P&C is open to all parents and carers of currently enrolled students, citizens living in the school area. You may join as a member at any time, however membership does not become ‘active’ until the close of the next general meeting of the association.
Becoming a financial member is simple.
You can come to a General Meeting and pay a membership fee of $1.00 and take receipt.
You can also complete the online membership form and pay the annual membership fee of $1.00 online. Online membership would also incur $0.32 as a surcharge for card payments.
If you choose not to become member of P&C, you can still participate as an observer, however you must be a financial member to become an office-bearer, be nominated for a position or sit on a committee and to have voting rights.
P&C Meetings 2020
The best way to find out what is going on at Darcy Road Public school is to attend a P&C meeting.
Our General Meetings are held on the first Monday of every month in the school library or staff room from 7:00pm.
Agenda and minutes of meeting are sent to all financial members.
General Meetings for 2020
- 03 Feb 2020
- 02 Mar 2020
- 06 Apr 2020
- 04 May 2020
- 01 Jun 2020
- 03 Aug 2020
- 07 Sep 2020
- 02 Nov 2020
- 07 Dev 2020